Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Run, run, run to the record store

It's Tuesday, which music fans of course know as "New Release Day." Or at least that's how I knew it for the 6 years I spent working as a music store clerk.

I haven't really been keeping as up to date on new releases as I wish I would, so I decided to finally start informing myself on these things again instead of just chancing upon good stuff when other people tell me about it. I'm including a few songs here from albums and EPs being released today in Canada. If you like what you hear, you know where to find it. Run to the record store; don't walk.

Personally, I'm most interested in this Editors album, although according to Amazon it's not out until May. I'm going to include it anyway though because the tracks I've heard so far are great and regardless of the release date, it comes highly recommended.

[mp3] Editors - Blood from The Back Room
[mp3] Elbow - Mexican Standoff from Leaders of the Free World
[mp3] Bloc Party - Helicopter (Diplo Remix) from Helicopter Remixes
[mp3] Ray Davies - All She Wrote from Other People's Lives
[mp3] William Orbit - They Live in the Sky from Hello Waveforms

* Release dates according to jam.canoe.ca

No comments: