Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Treeful of tour dates

I think Travis is hoarding all the good post ideas. I'm also very interested to see Akron/Family, so I think we'll be making a trip to Saint John for that. Another artist who's going to be touring here again soon is Hawksley Workman, whose new album Treeful of Starling comes out today.

I'll likely catch him here in Fredericton at the SUB on March 16, but for everyone else, these are his east coast dates:

March 9 - Sydney, NS
March 10 - Halifax, NS
March 11 - St. John's, NFLD
March 14 - Saint John, NB
March 16 - Fredericton, NB

Be sure to check out his website for the full list if you live elsewhere!

I actually had a really hard time deciding which songs to use for this post. I didn't really get into his music until the third album, (Last Night We Were) The Delicious Wolves, so two of these songs are from that release. Bullets, on the other hand, is a peppy little number from For Him and the Girls, which many fans still consider to be his masterpiece. I'm not sure if I agree, but it does have some great songs on it.

[mp3] Hawksley Workman - Bullets
[mp3] Hawksley Workman - Your Beauty Must Be Rubbing Off
[mp3] Hawksley Workman - No Beginning No End

* Buy Treeful of Starling and other Hawksley Workman CDs
* Fredericton tickets are available at Backstreet Records and The Paper Trail

No comments: