Friday, February 17, 2006

Upon This Tidal Wave of Young Talent

I have wanted to post some Clap Your Hands Say Yeah for some time now, and this seems as good a time as any. The band is Alec Ounsworth, Lee Sargent, Robbie Guertin, Tyler Sargent, and Sean Greenhalgh. The songs posted here are from their self-titled debut album.

This band is hard to describe. They would slide into the column of "alternative rock," but really with all of these amazing new original bands, we will soon have to abolish the category system. My first reaction to CYHSY was that Ounsworth had an amazing voice. I don't mean "good" amazing... I guess the closest comparison I can find is with David Byrne from the Talking Heads. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah just makes me feel good inside and that is really the most genuine compliment I could tell any band. Enjoy!

[mp3] Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth
[mp3] Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Is This Love

* Buy Clap Your Hands Say Yeah on Amazon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crap your hands? The japanese are all over this stuff.

The Trick said...

Hi Matt. You can't hide behind an "anonymous" tag. Sign up fer crissakes.

Anonymous said...

I don't need to sign up - I left my calling card: a cryptic reference to a sweatshirt I wear sometimes. But yeah, I'll sign up -just so I can use a paicture.

gigantor said...

I want my trophy....and a latte.