Saturday, February 11, 2006

What have you done, Mark David Chapman?



I'm still feeling in a bit of an introductory mood. As most of my friends could tell you, one band that has really stayed with me over the last few years is ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead. I didn't really come across them until Source Tags & Codes (their 3rd album), but I have to admit it was nice that they already had a bit of a back catalogue to explore. It's actually quite remarkable how much they have transformed from album to album. Best news of all is that according to recent posts on their website, new material may see the light this year. I'm already feeling a little impatient.

I've managed to catch the band twice live -- first opening for Queens of the Stone Age in Toronto and then again in Montreal last April. Although both were great shows, I have to say this is a band best seen band in a more intimate venue. In Toronto they were good, but in Montreal, they really took the place by storm. And with a band name like that, you wouldn't expect any less.

These two songs I'm posting were from their performance at Reading Festival in 2001. You can find the rest of the performance over at their official site in the media section.

[mp3] And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Mark David Chapman
[mp3] And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Homage

2 comments:

Ali - INTP said...

Hoorah! Another blog. I will link to you accordingly.

The Trick said...

Welcome!