Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Lost & Gawking

Yes, like a kajillion other people I'm an avid follower of the show Lost, and guess what -- there's a new episode on today (see photo). Since last week was a repeat, that's a good enough reason for me to celebrate.

It's also an excuse for me to post a song from one of my favourite albums of all freakin' time. The song Numb by Portishead was used in a Lost promo I saw earlier this season -- I think it may have been a European ad. Anyway, it was a great clip with the cast of the show dressed up in their finest, dancing on the beach to this song. The tune is a strange blend of both creepy and beautiful elements, which I think makes it quite suitable for the show.

The other two songs just happen to have "Lost" in the title and we've written about the bands before, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why they're here. Travis has an earlier post about the much-loved Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and you can read about locals On Vinyl by clicking here.

[mp3] Portishead - Numb
[mp3] Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Over and Over Again (Lost and Found)
[mp3] On Vinyl - Lost & Gawking

* Buy Portishead - Dummy
* Buy Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - S/T
* Visit On Vinyl online

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's a crazy promo - thanks for posting that song.