Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Monday Night with the Ak Fam

Last night Travis and I saw Akron/Family in Saint John. The show was great, although the band was visibly tired and probably played a much more subdued set than usual as a result. Even the band members told us afterwards they were in a very "stoney" sort of space. I think those are the words he used.

Nevertheless, I'd highly recommend catching them if they come to your town. It's a very unique blend of folk pop and post-rock noise. I don't quite know how else to describe it. Most of my pictures didn't turn out, so the one at the top of this post was the only one worth posting. I think Travis may have some better ones, so he'll probably post those later.

[mp3] Akron/Family - I'll Be On The Water

* Buy Akron/Family music

1 comment:

Jennings said...

A great song by a great band . . . props for the selection. And I loved the 10 Provinces posts. Keep on, keep on.