Friday, March 03, 2006

My whole life is like a picture of a sunny day

Ok first off, I really like the pixie sticks and sunshine posts. Who doesn't like to feel good? That is what music is all about to me, even if I am angry or sad, listening to the corresponding music it feels good. Most of the time, I am happy. I’ll stop rambling now.

First up, Ben Lee has gotten his acclaim as an Australian folk artist(and his ego, i guess)… Then , last year, he released this song. Catch my disease really does catch like a disease in that it will have you clapping along in no time. Not really sure where this came from but I guess we all have a little of that in us.

Also, a Sleater-Kinney song from their Album The Woods. Modern girl is not actually a "happy" song so much as just a very satirical look at modern girls that sounds like a happy song. It may just be because it doesn’t really sound like their other music at all. Enjoy!

[mp3] Ben Lee - Catch My Disease
[mp3] Sleater Kinney - Modern Girl

* Buy Ben Lee - Awake is the new sleep
* Buy Sleater-Kinney - The Woods

1 comment:

supergurg said...

Ben Lee is pretty popular now in Australia after being snubbed by music listeners - Catch My Diseas was a huge hit and came in at #2 on Triple J's Hottest 100 (the world's largest music poll)