Saturday, March 04, 2006

New Wave Saturday

Last Saturday Travis posted a nifty collection of tracks to get you ready for going out. For the sequel, I've chosen some of my favourite new wave tunes to get you pumped.

Another song I was super-obsessed with when it came out was Ladytron's Seventeen, so finding the CD single full of remixes was a nice surprise. Not only did it have the rocked-up version by Soulwax, but also this clubified mix by The Droyds.

A/V is local new wave afficionado Philip Clark. When he's not grinding on a bass and drum machine as Spinoza or working on any of his other numerous projects, he is dominating dance floors as A/V, a one-man band of retro beats and synths.

To round out the set, some more hard-ass dance tunes are provided by LCD Soundsystem and Nine Inch Nails. Tribulations just slays me every time. I think it's become my favourite LCD Soundsystem track so far.

[mp3] LCD Soundsystem - Tribulations
[mp3] Ladytron - Seventeen (The Droyds Mix)
[mp3] A/V - The End Of Sex
[mp3] Nine Inch Nails - Ringfinger

* Buy LCD Soundsystem - S/T
* Buy Ladytron - Light & Magic
* Buy Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
* Visit A/V online

1 comment:

Brad Burlingham said...

Thanks for the Ladytron... I love that band more and more.