Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Guys with Beards

So it is Wednesday and my week is shaping up to be a pretty sweet one. This Wednesday means another wacky-tacky theme day from Travis and I have been working on this one for a little while (unlike last time).

Rock music has always had guys with beards. Someone once told me that no one can be a true rock star until they have worn a full beard. This sort of seems to be true; all The Beatles, Cobain, The Doors, Kenny Loggins, The Beach Boys, Rivers Cuomo and even Elton John have sported them. I definitely don’t completely stand by this rule as many great rockers have sported only the goat (Trent Reznor, David Gahan), but here are some songs by some awesome current bands who are sporting full beards. Enjoy!

[mp3] Akron/Family - Dylan, Pt. 2
[mp3] Iron and Wine - Woman King
[mp3] Will Oldham (Bonnie Prince Billy) - Be Still and Know God (Don't be Shy)
[mp3] Devendra Banhart - I Feel Just Like a Child

Also, I couldn't do a post about beards without these guys. Plus this song makes me smile.

[mp3] ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man

* Buy a Razor
*** We are choosing a winner for our contest today so get in any last minute entries ASAP.

1 comment:

Marty said...

i knew my interesting zz top fact would come in handy one day...

there are three members of zz top, and the only one without a beard is called Frank BEARD.

Woo.