Saturday, April 08, 2006

My mentor, my muse, my art

We've received a handful of entries so far for our 100th post contest. That's very awesome, but we still want more! We're greedy for your love.

Perhaps all that's missing is a little inspiration. Well, I don't know what inpires each and every one of you, so the best I can do for now is provide a few songs with an "inspiration" theme. That's also easier said than done, but I guess it doesn't matter as long as you have something to set your gears in motion.

So, after a quick invocation, I present you with a muse, some big ideas, and ... er... a very inspirational monologue about The Doors. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to find something in that track regardless of your feelings about Jimmy Morrison and Co.

[mp3] And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Invocation (live 2003)
[mp3] Muse - Apocalypse Please
[mp3] Radiohead - Nude (AKA Big Ideas) Live 1998
[mp3] Bruce McCulloch - Doors

3 comments:

Mary said...

I can't remember if it was Bruce or Kevin, but early in the KITH series, one of them had a fantastic monlogue about bass players. About how we always get the cute girl's best friend and such.

Oh wait, here it is. :)

rgsc said...

I love that Bruce McCullough song and hadn't heard it in ages. Thanks for sharing - i used a quote from it in my header.

The Trick said...

Ha ha! Excellent, RGSC! That's always been one of my favourite things to randomly spout at people. Plus, you can substitute anything you want for "greatest hits albums."

KITH had some pretty awesome quotes and I love the Bruce McCulloch albums.