Monday, April 03, 2006

New Ambulance

We have waited almost two years for an Ambulance LTD release with all new material. The band released New English EP at the end of February and it has two -- yes two -- new songs. Of course, if you are a hardcore fan you have most likely already found versions of these songs on the internet via blogs or other resources. Although I was first slightly disappointed by this fact, I have now come to appreciate that not everybody has already heard these songs. Besides, it is nice to have them on an official release in a cute little EP package.

The EP has two new songs, New English and Arbuckle’s Swan Song; a cover of Pink Floyd’s Fearless; the original acoustic 8-track demo of Heavy Lifting; the original demo for Sugar Pill; the song Country Gentleman which was previously only released on the Startime International compilation; and Straight A’s, which is the hidden track on the UK release of their LP.

So the moral of the story is: these guys are real cool awesome. They have said that their niche is that they stay out of any niche. When I listen to them, I can’t help wishing The Strokes could have just sounded like this. Hurry up and listen before these guys end up on the O.C. Enjoy!

[mp3] Ambulance LTD - New English
[mp3] Ambulance LTD - Fearless (live Pink Floyd cover)
[mp3] Ambulance LTD - Heavy Lifting (Acoustic 8-Track Home Demo)

* Buy New English EP

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I agree with your views on Ambulance Ltd, I keep waiting to hear a song of theirs I don't like. Thanks for these songs, I wanted to give them a listen.