Thursday, May 04, 2006

Are like music to me

Someone once told me that some members of Snow Patrol used to lie and say that they are members of Belle & Sebastian to get into the student union club at the Glasgow School of Art. Front man Gary Lightbody has since gained much acclaim (at least from my friends and I).

Snow Patrol are from Northern Ireland. Their new album Eyes Open is really quite fantastic. I would post every track if I wasn’t so morally conflicted. I think it might have something to do with Gary Lightbody’s plaintive vocals that make these songs so beautiful and rocking.

The UK release was May 1st and the first single was You're All I Have. The US release is set for May 9th with the first single being Hands Open. Appropriately they drop Sufjan’s name on Hands Open. Whatever, Sufjan is cool beans. I am also posting Set Fire To The Third Bar (featuring Martha Wainwright), this also is just such a great song. Ooh and Headlights On Dark Roads, dang so much awesomeness. Enjoy!

[mp3] Snow Patrol - You're All I Have
[mp3] Snow Patrol - Hands Open
[mp3] Snow Patrol - Set Fire To The Third Bar (featuring Martha Wainwright)
[mp3] Snow Patrol - Headlights On Dark Roads

* Buy Eyes Open

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

set fire to the third bar is wikkid

nerd said...

hey dude...thanx for d mp3s..rock on!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mp3s!
:)

hooizz said...

totally understand your moral conflict. great stuff tho!

cheers
hooizz

Anonymous said...

This is one of the most beautiful songs I have heard in a long time (but guess it w'ont be too long before it ends up in a crap chick-flick).
Martha Wainwrights vocals lend a haunting and eerie quality to the overrall mesmeric and poignant song.
Snow Patrol are often compared to Coldpaly which is unjustified.Coldpaly are formulaic, where Lightbody's accent lends emotion to the words that he sings with a natural plaintive quality.
Their sound has become richer, and their live performances have definitely imroved since their early days.

Anonymous said...

Snow Patrol are from Glasgow. Unless my geography's got completely out of whack, that's nowhere near Northern Ireland.

The Trick said...

The band formed in Glasgow, but several of the members (including Gary Lightbody) are originally from Northern Ireland. I'm guessing that's where Travis got that from. Thanks for pointing that out, though.