Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Weekend recap

Since I spent the weekend driving around the east coast to play some shows with my own music project, I have a lot of catching up to do. My blog feeds are bursting at the seams with good stuff. Here are some recent posts from around the web that caught my interest:

  • A Plague of Angels keeps the retro spirit alive with a second volume of their 80s mix.
  • Do you like covers? I mean, like, lots of covers? 'Cause My Old Kentucky Blog has, like, a million for you to check out right now.
  • If you like Imogen Heap, check out a stripped down performance of Frou Frou's "Let Go" at I am Fuel, You Are Friends.
  • Said the Gramophone has a guest article by none other than Will Butler of The Arcade Fire.
  • The Late Greats lists their 65 favourite Bob Dylan songs to mark the big man's birthday.
  • Taylor of Music for Kids Who Can't Read Good shows off his good taste by including The Cure's Disintegration in his Classic Albums series.
  • Speaking of The Cure, Kwaya Na Kisser has a great selection of extended Cure remixes.
  • Chromewaves has some great reviews (with photos) of shows by Mogwai and Sigur Ros.

Phewf! And believe it or not, that list could go on and on and on. And for the record, I was going to post a song to accompany this list, but EZArchive won't let me, so I guess we'll have to catch up on that later as well.

1 comment:

Duke of Straw said...

Thanks for giving The Late Greats a shout out. And keep on being awesome, as you will never be guilty, at least in my opinion.

Duke