Friday, June 09, 2006

A wonderful world

I'll keep this brief. Tonight, my girlfriend and I are travelling to Saint John to see David Suzuki speak. He is giving a free lecture at the university there and he's always been one of those people I quietly admire.

If you're not familiar with Suzuki (you're obviously not Canadian), you should probably take a moment to read a little about the man. Wikipedia has a decent page about him, so that may be a good place to start.

A geneticist by trade, Suzuki became a household name when he entered broadcasting, hosting various radio and television shows about science and nature. Not only is he a great host, but he is also known for taking an active part in environmental discussion and activist causes.

I'm not sure what song would best suit this post, but I'm going to try. Here is Joey Ramone's take on "What a Wonderful World," because really, you have to recognize that you have something worth protecting before you can start to do anything about it.

[mp3] Joey Ramone - What a Wonderful World

* Buy Joey Ramone - Don't Worry About Me

1 comment:

gigantor said...

Nice! Tomorrow Sean and I are going to see the Prime Minister speak. Hmmmm....I'd much rather see David Suzuki....