Wednesday, August 30, 2006

So Divided

Just about everybody knows that one of my favourite bands making albums these days is ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead. A few weeks ago we heard that a new album was due to be released in early October. Today, I came across even more great news.

Apparently Rolling Stone was given a chance to preview the album and the resulting article drops several pieces of news. First, Conrad Keely noted that the tentative title for the new album is So Divided. Not a terribly striking title, but neither was "Worlds Apart," really. My favourite part of the article, however, was the mention that an updated version of "A Witch's Web" would be included on the new disc. The song was previously released on a Peekaboo Records compilation (in 2000, I think) and... well... it's awesome. I'm starting to get impatient now.

[mp3] ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead - A Witch's Web

* Visit ...Trail of Dead online
* ...Trail of Dead on myspace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard the new Witch's Web! Its AMAZING. It has very haunting vocals on it. New additions like pedal steel and piano. Sounds almost like a Harvest-era Neil Young, but creepier. Fucking awesome. The whole record is incredible. Living in Austin, I've been able to hear it since i know people who are friends with the band. I'm telling you - THE BEST T.O.D. CD since "Source Tags and Codes". Maybe better. I've matured since then and so have they.

The Trick said...

Aaaah! You anonymous tease, you! Can't wait to hear it.

Anonymous said...

it leaked!!