Friday, May 30, 2008

Not That Tron, Silly

How have I gone all this time without mentioning the new Ladytron? Oh right, I haven't really been posting.

Anyway, it's out next week, it seems to be awesome, and you should probably own it before it owns you. For the uninitiated, Ladytron's music has an icy cold goth tinge, but there's also plenty of pop appeal to make you want to dance and hum. Actually, "goth" makes it sound like it might be all mopey and weepy, but that's not really what Ladytron is about. It's dark, but it's all rather badass. It's everything I love, basically.

Generally, the songs from the new album (Velocifero) seem to continue on the course set by the last album. Lead single "Ghosts" sits quite comfortably next to Witching Hour's "Destroy Everything You Touch." I'll embed the video for that song as well, because it seriously spooked me out the first time I saw it.



[mp3] Ladytron - Ghosts (from Velocifero)
[mp3] Ladytron - Destroy Everything You Touch (from Witching Hour)
[official site] Ladytron
[MySpace] Ladytron

No comments: